The FLOLO Farms Organic Field Day hosted by Loran and Brenda Steinlage is part of their week-long Field Week to offer education and support about innovative alternatives to traditional corn and soybean production and the value and benefits of regenerative and diverse farming systems. This field day includes a full day of networking, farm tours and presentations from Loran, OGRAIN, Rodale, the Iowa Organic Association and a farmer panel to offer a broad range of organic expertise and resources for those wanting more information about:
- Organic transition and production;
- Inter-seeding cover crops;
- Companion/relay no-till cropping systems-living plants in soil 365 days/year to manage moisture and weed suppression;
- Grazing cover crops;
- Equipment modification to reduce inputs and production costs.
As the $62B organic market continues to soar – Midwest farmers are in a prime position to meet the growing demand for organic production and products while increasing farm profits, ecosystem services and sustainability. This field day is a great opportunity to learn about organic farming from organic farmers.
- 9:00 a.m. - WELCOME
- 9:15 a.m. - Loran Steinlage – Flolo Farms
- 9:45 a.m. - Erin Silva, Ph.D. – University of Wisconsin Madison – OGRAIN
- 10:45 a.m. - BREAK
- 11:00 a.m. - Farm Tour: cover crops, inter-seeding, livestock grazing and more!
- 12:00 p.m. - Farm-to-Table Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. - Farmer Panel: Dave Campbell, Scott Wedemeier, and Wendy Johnson and Loran Steinlage
- 2:15 p.m. - Drew Erickson and Linda Sturm-Flores, Rodale Institute-Midwest Organic Center
- 3:15 p.m. - Closing Remarks-Evaluation
- 4:00 p.m. - ADJOURN
COST: $25 (includes lunch)
REGISTRATION is required for this event, please REGISTER HERE
FARM HOST: Loran Steinlage.
West Union, IA 52175
Google map and directions
Showing 2 reactions
Sign in with