Please join Rodale Institute for an Organic Field Day at the Midwest Organic Center! This free event is perfect for all farmers - whether you are interested in learning more about farming organically, want to connect with our organic crop consultants, or are an existing organic farmer!
Learn about our research and demonstration projects, enjoy a keynote presentation by Dan Fillius and listen in on our "Crop Diversification and Marketing" panel presentation.
Space is limited and registration is required.
The day will begin at our farm, located at Etzel Sugar Grove Farm, 3706 St. Peter's Rd, Marion, IA.
Programming will include:
- 8:30 - 9 AM - Pre-event Drone Demonstration
- 9 - 11 AM - Tour of farm and research projects, including:
- Rye and black beans study
- Agroforestry initiative and livestock integration
- Crop diversity project
- Corn and buckwheat study
- Vegetable demonstration plots and prairie strips
- 11 AM - 12 PM - Equipment demonstrations
Join Midwest Organic Center for indoor afternoon sessions at Indian Creek Nature Center, 5300 Otis Rd SE, Cedar Rapids, IA.
- 12:30 - 1 PM - Free Boxed Lunch for registered attendees
- 1 - 1:45 PM - Keynote Speaker: Dan Filllius - Iowa State University Extension Field Specialist for Commercial Vegetables and Specialty Crops
- 2:00 PM - 4 PM Panel Presentation: Crop Diversification & Marketing, moderated by Bridget Gilmore - Rodale Institute Market Coordinator. Panelists include:
- Jason Grimm - Grimm Family Farm
- Kim Anderson - Blueberry Bottom Farm
- Caleb Akin and Noah Wendt - A&W Farms
To register follow this link: https://rodaleinstitute.org/events/midwest-organic-center-field-day-2022/
3706 St Peters Rd
Marion, IA 52302
Google map and directions