Thank you to Kathleen Delate, Ph.D. at ISU for leading efforts within the organic community to collect data about storm damage and loss, and for providing many resources for those affected by the August 10 derecho. If you are stuck, unable to find the support you need – please let us know and we will help you. Iowa has now received a federal disaster declaration so more funding for assistance should be available.
Share your damage estimates with Dr. Delate.
- Most important is filing an insurance claim ASAP if you have insurance:
- Webinar on the derecho and crop insurance:
- How to Apply for Disaster Support If You're Out of Work Or Have Storm Damage to Repair
- USDA Assists Farmers, Ranchers, and Communities Affected by Recent Derecho
- How Can I Help Iowans Who Need It Right Now?
- USDA August 10 Derecho FAQs
- Here are some fact sheets and websites ISU has sent on feeding or harvesting downed corn for silage and determining value; https://www.extension.iastate.edu/agdm/crops/html/a1-65.html