Growing Stronger Together: A Collaborative Conference on Organic and Sustainable Farming
The Iowa Organic Association's Midwest Organic Pork Conference collaborated with MOSES, GrassWorks Grazing Conference, OGRAIN Organic Grain Conference, and Organic Vegetable Production Conference for "Growing Stronger Together: A Collaborative Conference on Organic and Sustainable Farming" for one virtual conference experience with more than 60 workshops and opportunities to connect through roundtables, meet-ups, and socials. The conference included a virtual exhibit space featuring suppliers, buyers, certifiers, consultants, and more.
The virtual conference took place on Feb. 22-27, 2021.
The Midwest Organic Pork Conference shared the below content from last year’s cancelled MOPC as part of the 2021 Growing Stronger Collaborative Conference.
Organic Pork Topics:
- Workshop: Lessons Learned about Parasites in Pastured Pigs, Diane DeWitt, University of MN
- Workshop: Becoming an Organic Processor, Ty Gustafson, Story City Locker
- Workshop: Economics for the new and transitioning organic pork producer, Dave Stender, ISU
- Workshop: Hazelnut Finished Pork in the Upper Midwest, Pete Lammer, University of Wisconsin-Platteville
- Workshop: Profitable Production Flow for the Organic and Pasture Based Pork Producer, Jude Becker, Becker Lane Organic
- Roundtable: The 10 Alternative Veterinary Tools, Dr. Paul Dettlof (Roundtable discussion - video not availalbe)